This blog started as a week-by-week look at our lives in 2010 (hence the address) in St. Petersburg, Russia.

Now, with the closing of my other blog, from-russia, I've decided to extend this blog to cover 2011 as well (despite the address--which really bugs me now that it's inaccurate).

Sunday, March 21, 2010

week eleven


The reaction we have to men on the roof shoveling snow and knocking down icicles is now on par with the reaction we have to fireworks. What used to get an excited rushing-to-the-window is now met with anything from utter complacency to mild irritation. (Fireworks tend to get mild to more-than-moderate irritation. If you're out under the shovelers, then the irritation factor is upped for that, too.)

At least it was sunny.

2 comments:

  1. Though I suppose the irritation factor for the people who have water running down the inside of their apartment walls would be worse yet!

    I grew up in Colorado where for some reason they also have lots of snow and lots of flat roofs. Every year roofs caved in on people. I remember our gym roof caving in when I was a child in school....so I have a lot of patience with the shovelers (even though I've had snow shoveled on top of my head and right down the neck of my coat - not pleasant.)

    ReplyDelete